Saturday, February 6, 2010

Already?!?! I mean Seriously...

Wow. Just wow. So in the last week my little baby boy has gotten further and further away from little and baby. Boy he still is. Week number 18 has brought about a few changes. Zayne is now rolling from back to belly instead of just belly to back. He has had his first little bowl of cereal. And he is LOVING his exercauser. The little chunkster also knows when mommy is ready to feed him and he has this crazy little laugh/snicker when I get out the nursing pillow and we assume the position. He is very greedy and possessive when it comes to his...well his milk ;).

His first little bowl of cereal was a success. He would have eaten more but I just nursed him instead. We aren't big on the infant cereal around here. It really isn't necessary and I see it as more of a 'filler' than anything else so we stick with nursing with the occasional bit of cereal until about 6 months and then we start baby food. Alana wasn't a very big eater until well after her first birthday. I'm not sure how Zayne will react to food but mommy milk will be his main course with baby food as dessert until he's 1. It's good for them and it works for us.

I'm VERY surprised at his new skills this week. I wasn't expecting him to roll from his back to his belly so soon. He started it a few days ago. He isn't rolling all over the house..yet THANKFULLY. But he is rolling over quite a bit. I cleaned up the exercauser too this week. I put him in it expecting him to stay for a few minutes and be ready to get out. Instead he LOVED it and stayed in it for quite some time. He was turning around in the seat and trying to reach all the toys.

It kind of makes me sad. I want him to be just a baby for a little while longer. He has been so easy and enjoyable. They grow up entirely too fast. Lets just pause time for a bit....what do ya say?

This mornings confession: I've done NOTHING today. But since I've spent time cuddling with my babies I consider the morning a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment