Monday, February 1, 2010

Sticking with the new theme...

So yes its true. If you didn't already know...I am domestically challenged. I don't do alot of housework or laundry and I'm not very organized. I have the desire...I just don't have the energy. I 'pick up' but I don't CLEAN. If you've been to my house then you know this. "Cleaning house while kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing" This is SOOOO true. Even if I DID clean, it wouldn't stay that way long.

"Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait until tomorrow
For babies grow up,
we've learned to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs,
Dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby
and babies don't keep"


Laundry is a little different. I DO actually DO laundry. However I am WAY behind from a long time ago. Seriously. WAY BEHIND. I keep up with our everyday clothes but if actually were to wash all the clothes that we have I would probably be able to cloth another family...or two.

I REALLY want to be organized. I would love to have a daily schedule for ME. Not something crazy for my kids to follow but something for ME to go by. I will be homeschooling starting in August and I NEED to have a schedule by then but its HARD. I have all these things I WANT to do but I'm too lazy to do them. My day today has consisted of this:

Diapers
Cartoons
Breakfast
Nursing
Cartoons
Potty Training
Cartoons
Lunch
Nursing
Wii
Naps
Nursing
Cartoons
Wii
Potty Training
And of course the computer is thrown in there at various places throughout the day.

What was missing? Cleaning, Laundry, and ORGANIZATION. So my goal for the future is going to be laundry and organization. Not that I haven't had this goal before. But I REALLY have to get with it if homeschooling is going to work for us. I HAVE TO!

Todays Confession: I REALLY like being lazy and spending time with my kiddos.

3 comments:

  1. One way to just kick that laundry is to take a trip to the laundromat, and do it all at once. Get yourself caught up. Then as you are folding, decide if you need to keep things or can donate them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your blog theme. Very cute! Oh, and about being domestically challenged, I'm so with you! As I read your post, I thought it was something that I posted! LOL. I have gotten caught up on laundry though, so I only do one load a day, which doesn't seem so ovewhelming.

    I've gotten my morning routine down, kind of. It consists of the following:
    *Empty dishwasher
    *Make DH breakfast (on diet)
    *Make DH lunch (on diet)
    *Take dogs out
    *Feed dogs
    *Change Munchkins diaper
    *Get Munchkin her cup of milk
    *Change Butterballs diaper
    *Feed Butterball
    *Make breakfast for me and Munchkin
    *Clean up breakfast dishes
    *Shower and dress
    *Make bed
    *Make Lunch
    *Clean Lunch Dishes
    ****NAP TIME****

    There are a few feedings for Butterball and diaper changes mixed in, but I don't really have a 'schedule' really for them. I've been sticking to this type of morning routine for about three weeks now and it's been working for me.

    Good luck! Keep us updated on your progress, hopefully I can learn some things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're on the right track. Setting a deadline of August to get on schedule is great because you can start adding things a little bit at a time.

    I'm new to your blog and following from CafeMom. :)

    ReplyDelete